The ESO summer school is organized each year by a team of stroke physicians in a European city, and is supported and endorsed by ESO.
During one week, stroke specialists from Europe provide their expert knowledge to young physicians with a major interest in cerebrovascular diseases. The application deadline is usually at the beginning of the year after having been announced on this website and in the journal “Cerebrovascular Diseases”.
Once the application deadline has passed, the local organizing committee selects the participants on the basis of:
- application (letter of motivation, CV, letter of support)
- current affiliation with a European stroke unit
- maximum 2 participants per country, one per stroke unit.
If there are still places available, applicants from non-European countries will be considered.
The ESO summer school usually bears costs of accommodation, meals, coffee breaks and the social programme for participants and speakers. Participants cover their travel expenses, the dinners outside the usual programme and any personal expenses during their stay including telephone and internet costs from the hotel. Accompanying persons are not permitted.
Planned Summer Schools
|2014||Glasgow||Scotland||K. Muir, K. Dani|
|2015||Olomuc||Czech Republic||R. Herzig, D. Skoloudik, D. Sanak|
|2016||Madrid||Spain||E. Diez-Tejedor, B. Fuentes|
The site for applications will be announced on this website and in the journal “Cerebrovascular Diseases” in the fall of the year preceding each ESO summer school.
Last Summer School Report
If you wish to view the lectures held at the 2013 ESO Stroke Summer School from 8th - 14th September 2013 in Perugia, Italy, please click here.
Summer School Websites
17th ESO Stroke Summer School, September 2013, Perugia, Italy
16th ESO Stroke Summer School, June 2012, Debrecen, Hungary
15th ESO Stroke Summer School, July 2011, Mannheim/Heidelberg, Germany
12th EUSI-ESO Stroke Summer School, June 2008, Lausanne/Morges, Switzerland
10th EUSI Stroke Summer School, September 2006, Cambridge, England
8th EUSI Stroke Summer School, September 2004, Krems, Austria
- ESO Stroke Summer School 2013, Perugia, Italy
- ESO Stroke Summer School 2012, Debrecen, Hungary
- ESO Stroke Summer School 2011, Mannheim Heidelberg
- ESO Stroke Summer School 2010, Warsaw
- ESO Stroke Summer School 2009, Lille
- ESO Stroke Summer School 2008, Lausanne
- ESO Stroke Summer School 2007, Barcelona
- EUSI Stroke Summer School 2006, Cambridge
- ESO Stroke Summer School 2005, Sweden
- EUSI Stroke Summer School 2004, Krems